2.03.2008

Response to the hand washing article.

Although it did shock me to read that hospital staffs only wash their hand half of the time it is required, I can't help but think that there are so many things in life that are so completely demented. Worrying about my doctor infecting me while dressing a wound seems pretty ridiculous to me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Emma I agree. There are so many better things to worry about than fretting over germs. Wouldn't you rather think about Heath? Perhaps we should think about the economy? politics? I think that anyone has better chances of being infected with something while living, breathing and eating outside a hospital than in one. I mean do you ask everybody you shake hands with to soap up first? do you wipe down every pencil you borrow? I think you have better chances of getting infected from your snotty-nosed, rosy-cheeked baby cousin than your ivy-league-educated doctor.

Jennifer Woods said...

I think what you (and Melissa) have to say is right, and I think that doctors probably have a lot on their minds (telling a patient they're ill, trying to diagnose some symptoms). Remembering to wash one's hands definitely not on the top of that list...