2.11.2008

Political Blogs

I hate talking about politics, especially during campaign season because all the canidates are trying to win us over, telling us exactly what they think we want to hear. I would venture to say that in this day and age there is no politcian who's acts solely on his beliefs, or whose actions are backed completely by his beliefs. It's like a game.
Here are a few good sites. I don't have much to say about them. http://hnn.us/articles/47143.html
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/2/11/0166/36492

3 comments:

Miriam Hitchcock said...

You're right, I think, it's almost impossible to know what the candidates really think or feel. What's more, it's almost impossible to know what they actually intend to DO, which is the more frightening part.

A thought though, in a democracy, would it not theoretically be better for leaders to act on what the people want than their own views? That is, is a leader's job to act on what the people want or should they once elected act on what they believe is right, even if it contradicts public opinion?

The Declaration of Independance would never have been adopted if one representitive had not blatantly defied the requests of his colony. (It called for a unanimous vote among the states. Every delegates vote, therefore, was crucial) On the other hand, how would you feel as a citizen if you knew that a vast majority of the public agreed on a matter and the president acted oppositely?

Ego Brain said...

This was so hard to find a good blog for.
This round of presidential candidates I'm really not liking as much as the last ones.
But it's either going to be Obama or McCain that's going to win. Clinton and Huckabee have fallen so far behind. (Thank goodness!)
Interesting blogs, by the way.

EmmaRossculp said...

The Canidates should just be honest about what they believe and what they intend to do... Not just woe us with lofty promises.